You can’t go wrong with kebabs at a party! This version is super healthy, and made with minimal oil, but packed full of flavour. The best bit though is the decoration! These bite-sized kebab rockets are sure to be all the rage at your parties.
Prep Time: 45 mins| Serves: 12-14 Kebabs
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, chopped (carrots, beans etc)
- 1/2 cup paneer
- 2 medium boiled mashed potatoes
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Himalayan Pink Salt – to taste
- 1 tbsp chaat masala
- Oil for shallow frying
- 12-14 bamboo skewers
- 1 red & yellow bell peppers, cut into triangles
- Soak the bamboo skewers for 2-3 hours in water, so that they don’t burn when baking.
- Chop the mixed vegetables, and place them in a food processor/blender. Add the paneer, chillies, ginger, garlic and mint and blend till the mixture is a rough crumb. (Do not overblend!)
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the mashed potatoes, cornflour, masala powders and salt and mix with your hands till the mixture starts coming together.
- Once the mixture is ready, divide equally into lemon sides balls (approx 24-28). Wet your palms and place 2 each on a bamboo skewer. Top with a triangular piece of red or yellow bell pepper to give the effect of a rocket.
- Heat the oil in a shallow non-stick pan and space 2-3 kebabs in it. Cook till golden brown, and keep rotating will all sides are cooked.
- Once kebabs are done, drain on absorbent paper to remove excess oil, and serve upright in a tall container, along with mint chutney & fresh lemon wedges.