Food, to a large extent, defines our life. It determines our mood, behavior, and directs us towards specific actions. In the wake of increasing occurrences of health problems as diabetes, cancer and more, it is imperative for consumers to concern themselves with what they eat, for essentially ‘we are what we eat’. Here are some of the innumerable benefits of eating well:
- Promotes overall health – Your food is what fuels your body. By powering it with the good stuff, you will see a marked improvement in your health, mood and stamina.
- An active brain – The various micronutrients present in wholesome food help to keep your brain alert, active and ready for whatever life brings.
- Protection from various diseases – Many of today’s diseases have their roots in poor eating habits. By consuming food with a high nutritive value, we can safeguard ourselves from many dangerous diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc.
- Combats obesity – It is said that abs are made in the kitchen! Eating the correct amount of nutrients, fats & proteins prevents obesity and helps managing unnecessary weight gain.
- Strengthens immune system and digestion – High-fiber and probiotic foods help keep your digestion smooth while the vitamins & minerals in healthy food ensure that your immunity is able to fight off those pesky colds and flu.
So, despite the obvious benefits why don’t people eat healthy? The main reason behind this is the misconception that healthy food lacks taste and flavour. Another factor is that there is such easy access and availability of unhealthy, processed food these days, that healthy eating fades to the background.
We at Foodstree aim to clear both these issues by making available to you healthy foods that are delicious and delivered to your doorstep – so that there’s absolutely no excuse for eating junk! With our #healthylicious campaign, we are aiming to promote awareness of various superfoods that are terrific for your health, that also come in delicious new forms that can be incorporated into your daily diet.
In our busy schedules and fast lives, we often end up eating as per our convenience, rather than what is good for us. Many a times we eat to please our taste buds but remain quite unaware about the health hazards that such eating habits may pose. Here are our top 3 picks for nutritious yet flavoursome foods that you can reach for when cravings strike:
1. Quinoa Puffs – Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids. It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
2.Methi Khakhra – Taking Methi (fenugreek) seeds daily improves health and maintains a non- toxic ecosystem in the body. This methi khakhra comes with all the health benefits of methi in a tasty & delicious form.
3.Almond Cinnamon Cookies – Almonds deliver a massive amount of nutrients. They are a fantastic source of antioxidants. Craving for almonds but in a different way? No worries, here are our almond cookies that have all the health benefits of the humble ‘badaam’ and the yum-factor of a crunchy cookie!
Want more suggestions? Comment below, or write to us in our chat box or at email@example.com. We’d be happy to give you more personalized suggestions – for no charge at all! Be #healthylicious with @foodstree – shop today.