Detoxification means cleansing the body of harmful toxins. This is mainly done by removing impurities via the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, and skin. However, when these systems are compromised, impurities aren’t properly filtered, and the body is adversely affected. Detoxification is an important metabolic process that naturally occurs in our body on a daily basis, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Every time you are exposed to something “toxic” it immediately is processed through detoxification pathways.
5 Easy Ways To Help Your Body Detoxify:
- Reduce Your Intake of Sugar and Processed Foods – Excess junk food consumption is linked to chronic diseases like obesity and diabetes. These conditions can cause harm to organs important to detoxifying, such as your liver and kidneys.
- Eat Antioxidant-Rich Foods – Consuming a diet rich in antioxidants helps your body reduce damage caused by free radicals.
- Decrease Your Salt Intake – Consuming too much salt can increase water retention. You can eliminate excess water and waste by increasing your intake of water and potassium-rich foods.
- Drink More Water & Liquids – Water allows your body’s detoxification system to remove waste products from our blood.
- Get Active – Regular physical activity lowers inflammation and allows your body’s detoxification system to work properly.
The purpose of any detox plan is to take the load off the organs that detoxify the body. After a heavy and calorie – laden festive week, it is essential for us to detox in a safe and healthy way to get the body and system back on track.
It’s time to welcome some real food in our lives. Your body wants to get back to normal and is probably screaming for a cleanse. We have a quick and easy list to help you deal with all the Diwali indulgence and the guilt!
- Start small!:
Even the smallest changes in your routine can have a big impact on your health. Start your day with a Detox Green Tea or our Flat-Belly Juice, which are excellent detox drinks that will help your body to absorb nutrients more efficiently, increase energy levels, and also will make you feel healthy, refreshed & energetic.
- Fabulous Four – Detox Tea Sticks
- Auric: Body Defence Drink
- Detox Green Tea
- 5-Veggies Flat-Belly Super Juice
- Fill your plate with low-calorie food:
“There is never a good time to start eating healthy food. So, begin today!” Starting your day with a high-protein meal is also one of the healthiest ways to help your body detoxify. Having a protein-rich breakfast is known to kill your appetite for the next 3 hours, which will help you to fight off your post-diwali mithai cravings. You can also add high-protein supplements like bee pollen to your diet to help you start shedding those kilos and detoxifying.
- Junk food is truly junk for the body – Eat home cooked food:
This should be your number one priority for at least the next one month or so. If you cook at home you have control over the ingredients and cooking techniques. Chart up a healthy grocery list. Stock up on plenty healthy low calorie foods. Even in your daily cooking, try to use organic, pesticide free products. For example, switching to natural Himalayan salt instead of processed salt can also help bring down water retention, and give your body necessary minerals to detoxify.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s do this detox! If you have any question or are looking for specific recommendation please drop us a message in our chat box or an email on email@example.com – we’re always happy to help!