All your favourite sweets in one delicious avatar? We’ve got it right here for you! Super simple to make and your guests will definitely be wowed. Stand out from the crowd of regular Indian ‘mithai’ without compromising on the unmistakable flavours.
Prep Time: Serves: 1 cake
- 250 ml milk
- 500 ml cream
- 75 gm castor sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- A few drops Cardamom extract
- A few drops Kesar rose extract
- 50 gm blanched California almonds
- 5 Tbsp fresh rose petals
- 1 Tbsp rose water
- 8 medium gulab jamuns
- Boil the milk, grind the almonds and add them along with the spice extracts. Turn off the heat, cover and allow the flavors to infuse for ten minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks along with sugar. Strain the flavored, cooled milk onto the whisked eggs.
- Return to a gentle flame and keep stirring constantly until the milk thickens. Cool.
- Add cream and flavor with rose water, fresh chopped rose petals.
- Freeze until set.
- Remove from refrigerator and soften slightly. In a rectangular cake tin place a layer of the ice cream. Then place the gulab jamuns evenly in 2 lines.
- Cover with the remaining ice cream, so that the gulab jamuns are hidden.
- Freeze again.
- When serving, cut diagonally so that each slice has a section of gulab jamun in it. Sprinkle with pistachios and more rose petals.