Utterly delicious, and fool-proof to make! These honey flans are great on their own, and as a base for a fruity compote or caramel sauce. Great for dinner parties, as they can be prepared beforehand!
Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
- ½ cup sugar
- 7 sticks Honey Twigs (Multiflora)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Pour sugar in a saucepan; place over medium heat and cook, gently shaking the pan until sugar melts and turns a light golden brown. Slowly stir in 3 Honey Twigs (Mixture will clump a little; gently stir just until melted.) Remove from heat; immediately pour hot caramelized sugar into 6 ramekins.
- Process condensed milk, milk, salt, egg yolk and remaining 4 Honey Twigs in a blender 10-15 seconds or until smooth; pour evenly over sugar in each ramekin. Place ramekin in a pan, add hot tap water to pan to depth of 1 inch. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350° for 30 – 35 minutes or until slightly set. Remove ramekins from water bath; place on a wire rack. Cool 30 minutes. Cover and chill 3 hours. Run a knife around edges of flans to loosen; invert flans onto a serving plate.