Watermelon- the name is associated with the luscious fleshy part of the fruit. No one thinks about the seeds of watermelon, with which most people play the spitting game. Maybe, some people feared consuming these seeds because of the tale their mothers used to tell about a watermelon that will grow in the stomach if we consumed watermelon seeds. But the health benefits of these seeds will make you rethink your idea of spitting them out and you will surely include these crunchy seeds in your diet. Watermelon seeds are a great guilt-free snack to be gorging your body.
- Raw watermelon seeds are rich in protein content.
- They contain various essential fats and is a rich source of Omega-6 fatty acids.
- The seeds are rich in essential minerals like iron and vitamins especially vitamin B.
- Arginine in the seeds helps treat coronary heart disease by preventing the narrowing of arterial vessels. It also helps in balancing the blood pressure of heart. Magnesium in the seeds is essential for healthy functioning of your heart.
- Seeds are a rich source of antioxidants which helps improve your immunity by combating the harmful free radicals in your body.
- Boiling a handful of watermelon seeds in water and drinking it every day is said to control blood sugar levels.
- Raw watermelon seeds are a rich source of lycopene which improves male fertility.