A salt tolerant variety indigenous to Sunderbans, this rice is processed using dheki. Its many health benefits include:
- Rich in fiber, helps lower cholesterol and heart diseases.
- Good source of vitamin B6, iron, zinc and manganese.
- Low glycemic index, reduces premature aging, prevents skin diseases.
- Helps in allergy relief, cancer prevention and weight loss management.
- Contains large amounts of iron, zinc, manganese and vitamin B6 and is specially beneficial for diabetic patients and pregnant mothers.
- Rich in antioxidants and is also fat-free. Helps reduce asthma, migraine attacks and in regulating the nervous system.