Contains Black rice.
The dark, inky, glistening rice from the rich farmlands of Trichy, looks mysterious, unlike the pearly white rice we use daily. It is usually known by varied names like forbidden rice and magic rice and always seems exotic. Grown in Tiruchirappalli district of Tamil Nadu, this dark color rice has an enticing look with slightly sweet and nutty flavor. It obtains a dark purplish color post cooking and naturally loses little of its black color while washing.
- It is a Whole Grain, a superfood superior to berries.
- Brimmed with antioxidants especially anthocyanin.
- Loaded with vitamin A and E.
- Rich source of mineral like copper, zinc.
- Naturally gluten free.
- Loaded with fiber.
- Low G.I. and contains complex carbs.
- It has Anti-inflammatory properties.
- Maintains heart health: Maintaining healthy heart is vital for overall health.Studies have shown that it decreases dangerous plaque formation in the arteries which helps to prevent strokes and heart attacks. Anthocyanins found in this rice can help maintain healthy cholesterol level and inhibits cholesterol absorption, thus preventing several heart problems.
- Maintains healthy liver: The liver is a vital organ that converts the nutrients into active compounds that our body can use, regulates hormone and detoxifies the body. Rice extracts improve the blood lipid level and decrease the level of cholesterol, thus preventing fatty liver disease. Certain studies have also proved that anthocyanins from this rice can lower the liver damage caused by alcohol, thus maintaining a healthy liver. Antioxidants also cleanse the liver.
- Cognitive function: Oxidative stress contributes to memory impairment. Antioxidants reduce the oxidative stress, slow down the rate of cognitive decline and can even help boost memory. Along with slowing down the mental aging, it can also prevent Alzheimer’s disease and memory loss due to age.
- Improves digestive health: It is loaded with fiber which prevents constipation, bloating and several digestive problems. Fiber binds with the toxins, waste and helps flush them out of the body, thus regulating the bowel function. It can add bulk to your stool and can help prevent or cure mild cases of diarrhea.
- Help prevent diabetes: It has a low glycemic index. Carbs, fiber, and several nutrients slow down the absorption of sugar in the bloodstream and reduce the risk of diabetes. Fiber from the entire bran of this product helps glucose from the grain to be absorbed slowly. It can even keep your weight and energy levels checked, thus reducing the risk of diabetic complications.
- Aids in weight management: Fiber can keep you full for a longer period of time, reduce your mid meal hunger signals, thus reducing your overall calorie intake. It is very important for diabetic or people with a risk of diabetes or the ones suffering from any metabolic syndrome to choose grains high in fiber against the processed white grains that lack fiber. Whole grain rice can help prevent insulin resistance which is one more cause of obesity.
- For pregnant women: Nutrient needs of a woman increase by folds in pregnancy. The lysine and arginine in black rice are three folds higher than normal rice. It is also loaded with iron which improves blood supply and hence helps maintain the health of the baby and the mother.