Cool and refreshing, this iced turmeric tea is packed with nutrients. Skip the drinks with unhealthy artificial ingredients and make this beautifully delicate green tea version at home!
Prep Time: 15 mins | Serves: 1-2
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (85g) honey
- Ice and fresh lime slices to serve (optional)
1. In a medium pot, bring water close to a boil and add minced ginger, turmeric, honey, and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes then turn off the heat. Add the green tea bag and steep for 3 minutes, then take out. Strain out the solids using a fine mesh strainer and set aside.
2. Pick any sized glass or mason jar you like, fill 3/4 height with ice cube, pour the tea over the ice. Add fresh lime juice, honey to taste, garnish with a slice of lime, and enjoy!