It’s blazing hot this summer, and nothing is as refreshing as a salad. This one is choc-a-bloc filled with protein, vitamins and all things essential. A light dressing and plenty of grain make it a complete meal in itself!
Prep Time: 15 mins | Serves: 1-2
- 1 cup red beans (rajma) soaked and boiled
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 green onion, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup goji berries
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
Mix all the salad ingredients in a bowl.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix well.
Toss the two together.
It’s as simple as that!
Here’s the Foodstree recipe card that you can print and add to your collection: